Saturday, February 19, 2011

Adventures with Blue Artistic Wire

After a couple of months of letting it sit in my wire box, I finally decided to let the "ice blue" artistic wire come out and play. With colored wire, it makes sense to keep the crystal colors simple and monochromatic. Otherwise the design gets abrasive, at least to my eyes. Here's a bracelet I made recently.


The Ice Blue shade is much more of an aqua tone than photos suggest. I was hoping for a powdery mid-to-light blue. It does match well with my aqua crystals, and I have a huge collection of those.

Overall I like the look; it's very 1980's, very club-happy. I can see it being worn with sequins and shiny fabrics. It reminds me of blue-raspberry slushies and cotton candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a jewel of wisdom